Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bear Cupboard 5K

RACE DAY!  Ann's been very motivated and a couple days ago said...."Let's do this!"  We've been upping our workouts and runs so I thought it would be a good precursor to next weeks triathlon.  We arrived, stretched, warmed up, and were ready to go!  I kissed Ann and waited for the horn.  I took off and had good pacing going.  The first mile I was flying (at least for me!) at around the low to mid 7 min mile range.  Mile 2 took me down to around a 7:45 pace and in the third mile I fell to an 8 min plus pace.  I finished at 7:56 per mile pace for a total time of 24:37.  Sad part was I missd the podium by 27 seconds.  I waited for Ann and was hoping he training was going to pay off.  Time went by......Ifinally saw her and after she crossed she said she tripped on a board on the trestle that goes over the lake and fell brusing ans skinning her knee pretty bad.  I took her to the first aid station and they iced it.  Now it's rehab time for Ann and she hopes she can race next weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment