Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Went for a bike ride today!

With winter fast approaching, I wanted to get in a nice bike ride.  I didn't have too long since I had to work in the evening, so the weather was cooperating and I decided enough was enough....it was time to go!  Got on my trust Trek and headed out.  I figured I had about 3 or so hours so I wanted to go around 30 miles or so.  Headed north along the highway and then down some county roads.  Stopped a couple times to take in some water and decide where I wanted to go next.  10 miles turned into 20 which turned into 30 and before I knew it I was over 40 miles on the day (43 to be exact)!  I haven't been out on this long of a ride with this bike and I could tell I need to make some adjustments in the handlebars because by the time I got home, my lower back was hurting pretty bad.  Took a 30 min cat nap, downed some coffee and off to work I go!  Hopefully there will be a few more nice days before the snow flies to get some more rides in.  Only downside.....wasn't able to ride with Ann.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment