Sunday, April 1, 2012

First outside time trial run.....

Well, I did my first real time trial run outside today.  It was good in some ways and not so good in other ways.  I was able to track my heart rate with a used heart rate watch we picked up for $20 and it surprised me that my heart rate was stable and in a good range for the whole run considering I haven't ran outside since last fall.  On the downside, I could tell my legs felt "heavy" compared to last year and thus my time reflected that.  I do have more size (muscle) on my legs and body since last fall so I expect that I will gain speed as I get a little smaller over the next couple months.  I highly suggest that anyone that runs or does cardio to pick up a heart rate watch/monitor and the type with a chest strap.  I found out I can use this on the treadmill and the treadmill will pick up the signal and display it on the machine!

This is what we bought.  Brand is Oregon Scientific.  Measures heart rate continuously, you can set an upper and lower alarm for training, has a stop watch, alarm and time.  Does not have a GPS for distance but for $20, we couldn't complain.


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment