Monday, May 7, 2012

First race of the year completed.....

Well, it was a tiring race and I'll admit, I wasn't as prepared as I needed to be.  My first 5K went well and I felt I had a good pace.  My bike was a little harder than I anticipated.  20 miles with a lot of long steep hills wore me out a bit.  I had a good pace but paid for it on the run.  Got off the bike and started running only to have my quads cramps up BAD.  COMPLETELY destroyed my second 5K time.  Going over it I've come to the conclusion that it was a combination of not enough long endurance training, bike fit and simply pushing too hard on the bike.  My transition times were awesome which was the most positive thing I can take out of this race.  It's an eye opener for the season and I knew it would be so time to knuckle down and train even harder!  

No comments:

Post a Comment