Sunday, June 17, 2012

Back to training!

Took a couple days off after last week's triathlon in Eau Claire. Wednesday, I decided it was time to get back in the saddle....Why?  I found a tri to do on July 1st!  So Wednesday I went for a run.  Felt good.  Didn't do any type of speed drills, just a nice easy run about 4 miles long.  Heart rate never got into the 140's so I could have pushed it a little more.  Thursday I had a little time so I went to the gym to lift.  It's been a while (about 4+ weeks) since I've done any weight lifting so I wanted to mix it up a little.  Did some Dead lifts and shoulder work.  I went light though since it's been a while and my shoulder still is bugging me from an injury last Feb which I probably should have had looked at in hindsight.  Friday was a bike day.  My lower back started to hurt about 10 miles into my race last week so I wanted to see if it was a fluke or if it would happen again.  After 17 miles it felt ok so I'm hoping it was a one time issue.  Took Saturday off because Ann came home from being gone a week at school and it was our anniversary.  Movie time and dinner at Pub and Prime!  So that comes to today.  Bought my state park pass and jumped into my training ground....Crystal Lake.  I love this lake.....all sand, deep and crystal clear.  It's about 50 acres in size and no motor boats are allowed.  the short way across is about 1/3rd of a mile and the long way across is about .47 miles.  Today I wanted to push and see what I can do.  I went for the long way across and back.  Ann said my sighting was bad but there wasn't much to use to sight with.  My form wasn't the best so that's something I need to work on.  Good news was I wasn't overly winded.  Total time came to about 40 minutes at .93 miles.  I need to get that time down substantially.

Chris      

No comments:

Post a Comment